Are you thinking of commuting by bike in the winter? This episode is for you! Luke from Perennial Cycle in Minneapolis joins the Bike Here podcast, to give us his top tips and strategy to survive and thrive in winter bike commuting.
Categories covered include visibility and safety, gear for you and your bike, strategy, and motivation.
Today’s podcast episode is sponsored by Kryptonite. For over 45 years, Kryptonite has been your high-quality bike lock provider, now Kryptonite wants to help you light your way with their street light series. These are lights I personally sell and have tested. Easy to use mounts, fully USB rechargeable, and I love how some of these lights have side ports to give additional visibility from the side. To learn more about Kryptonite locks or lights, visit kryptonitelock.com
Episode 2 Show Notes
- Our favorite winter commuter tires: Schwalbe Marathon Winter Plus
- Kryptonite light set I recommend for city riding with street lights: F-150 & R-30
- Kryptonite light set I recommend for riding without street lights at a reasonable <15 mph speed : F-500 & R-45
- Luke’s Dynamo Bike Light Resources
- MonkeyLectric Wheel Lights
- Helmet light we both use: Light & Motion Vis 360
- Serfas Headlight I’m testing with a removable battery
- Looking for more tips? I recently wrote an article on how I outfit my body and bike for winter bike commuting.
- My winter family biking setup
- Find more Bike Here podcast episodes here
Leave a Review and Share!!
The very best thing you can do for a new podcast is to leave a review on Apple Podcasts or whatever podcast device you use and share to help us get out the word.
Join the Conversation
Make sure to join the conversation on your favorite social channel using #bikehere. If you have ideas for other episodes or feedback on this one, make sure to comment below!