Cleary Gecko 12" Kid's Bike
Cleary Gecko 12" Kid's Bike
- First-time riders feel safest with their bottom on the saddle and their feet flat on the ground. That's how a child with a 15" inseam will fit the Gecko with the seat post dropped completely into the seat tube.
- Once kids get more comfortable on two wheels, they'll want to sit on the saddle with the balls of their feet on the ground. Thus, a confident rider with a 15" inseam and the first-time rider with a 17" inseam may both feel comfortable with the same set-up.
- 15 lbs with freewheel option (17 lbs with coaster wheel)
- Front and rear child-specific hand brakes on both Coaster brake model and Freewheel model
- Geckos ship with a compact vegan leather saddle with integrated seat post designed to accommodate the earliest of early riders. You DO NOT need a shorter seat post to fit a rider with a 15" inseam.
- Track style Quick Release on front and rear wheels
- Freewheel Gecko Bikes do not accept training wheels.
- Three-piece crank and square taper bottom bracket
- Internal brake cable routing
- Single speed drivetrain
- Grips, handlebars and brake levers designed for little hands
- Bike geometry designed for first-time riders to sit on the seat with their feet safely planted on the ground. Seat height and reach to the handlebars are adjustable with one bolt, to easily optimize the fit.
Gecko Best fit for riders with an inseam of 14" to 18" First-time riders feel safest with their bottom on the saddle and their feet flat on the ground. A child with a 15" inseam will fit the Gecko with the integrated seat/seat post dropped as low as possible. Once kids get comfortable on two wheels, they'll want to sit on the saddle with only the balls of their feet on the ground. Thus, a confident rider with a 15" inseam and a first-time rider with a 17" inseam each will feel comfortable set-up with the same position on their bikes.
|Frameset||Lightweight 1020 alloy steel frame and fork|
|Headset||FSA sealed 1” headset|
|Stem||50mm Alloy 1" w/25.4mm clamp|
|Handle Bars||420mm/16.5” wide alloy flat bar for 19mm grips|
|Grips||Cleary 19mm Junior grips|
|Seat||Vegan leather saddle w/ integrated alloy seatpost|
|Seat Post||25.4mm x 160mm alloy seatpost|
|Brakes||Tektro junior V-brakes and brake levers|
|Cranks||92mm alloy 3 piece cranks|
|Chain Ring||25 tooth|
|Bottom Bracket||FSA sealed bearing|
|Pedals||VP junior pedals 9/16"|
|Freewheel||Sunrace 14 tooth freewheel|
|Wheels||Alloy front hub, alloy rear flip flop hub, Allen style QR's, Alex rims with stainless spokes and Kenda 12 x 2.125” all terrain tires and Schrader valve tubes|
All Hedgehog 16" single speed bikes arrive 90% assembled. All you need to do is install the pedals, seatpost, handlebars and front wheel, as outlined in the Cleary Bikes Assembly Manual and seen on our Assembly Videos.
The Cleary Bikes Lifetime Warranty stands behind each of our bikes for as long as you ride it. Meaning, the original purchaser has a Lifetime Warranty against any and all manufacturer's defects on the bikes. Go ride hard.