When a friend asked us what bike they should buy to take their 6-year-old daughter to Fruita, this is what we pointed them to. Without going the custom route, this is the best option we have found for parts, weight, and sizing.
The Prevelo Zulu Three packs high-performance mountain bike features into a 20-inch wheel size package. Every component is the real deal and is carefully chosen to provide the best performance and fit for young riders ready to tear up the trails. It features:
- Prevelo confidence-inspiring low and narrow geometry. Prevelo geometry keeps the rider low, balanced and in control.
- Zulu specific slack head tube angle keeps the bike controlled over rough terrain.
- Lightweight aluminum frame with custom formed 6061 triple- butted tubing and TRAPT™ downtube profile.
- Available with a lightweight 80mm travel airfork with HM Carbon Fiber / AL6061 lowers & AL7050 hard anodized ⌀30mm stanchions and adjustable rebound, lockout and compression and 15mm Thru-Axle
- Rear hub with 12mm Thru-Axle
- Flat mount rear brake caliper keeps the rear brake caliper tucked away and protected between the rear chain stays.
- Tektro front and rear hydraulic disc brakes.
- Shimano ZEE 10-speed drivetrain. This 10-speed derailleur has a SHIMANO Shadow RD+ Short cage. Because of the small wheel diameter on 20-in bikes, rear derailleurs on 20-inch bikes hang low and close to the ground. The Prevelo Zulu Three uses a high-performance short cage derailleurs to keep things high and away from the ground. The derailleur also features a clutch that can be turned on with the flip of a switch to eliminate derailleur bounce over hard terrain and reduce chain drops.
- 11-36T wide span gearing gives riders plenty of range to spin up tough hills.
- Kid engineered direct mount cranks. All Prevelo cranks are sized specifically for each model bike, down to the millimeter.
- 95% assembled. Just install the handlebar, seat post, front wheel, and pedals.
|Version||Zulu Three||Zulu Three HEIR|
|Weight (without pedals)||TBD||22.2 lbs / 10.1 kg|
|Minimum Saddle Height||22.8 in / 580 mm||22.8 in / 580 mm|
|Maximum Saddle Height||725 mm / 28.5 in||725 mm / 28.5 in|
|Bottom Bracket Height||9.8 in / 248 mm||9.8 in / 248 mm|
|Gain Ratio||1.88 - 6.16||1.76 - 5.78|
|A Wheel Size||20"|
|B Wheelbase||35.0 in / 888 mm|
|C Effective Top Tube Length||17.4 in / 443 mm|
|D Head Angle||67°|
|E Seat Tube Angle||74°|
|F Chain Stay Length||13.6 in / 345 mm|