Listen as we talk with Mark Sutton of Cycling Industry News about the highs and lows of 2018 for the bicycle industry and what we hope for as 2018 begins.
We kick off the Shift Up podcast by talking with Mark Sutton of Cycling Industry News about the highs and lows of 2018 for the bicycle industry and what we hope for as 2018 begins. We will host the State of the Bike Industry ever quarter so make sure to jump into the conversation using #betterbikeindustry. You can subscribe on your favorite podcast app - iTunes, Stitcher, & YouTube
Show Notes - Recapping 2017, what worked and what didn't?
- Pro Bicycle Mechanics Association are setting standards for mechanics.
- Bike shops creating unique content and owning their relationship with consumers. Check out Cadence Performance and Velorution.
- The Advocate's Resource: Evidence you’ll need to build a case for cycling in your area.
- Ford is investing in the bike industry with their new bike share, Ford GoBike.
- Bike shops are closing and must evolve.
- We need to fairly value our service in bike shops. (A full episode is coming on this!)
- Pinarello's sexist ad
- Electric bikes
- Tern GSD Cargo Bike - electric, comfortable, and a "problem solver"
- Tern Vektron - folding electric bike
- Proper Infrastructure
- The Advocate's Resource: Evidence you’ll need to build a case for cycling in your area
Question for you
How can the bike industry move the needle when it comes to simply getting people on bikes? How do we think of the user journey and the barriers they need to overcome? Chime in the comments or Twitter and Facebook. #betterbikeindustry
Listen to Other Episodes!
If you enjoyed this episode then make sure to listen to others!