Bike Shop Talk: What is the Cost of Doing Business?
We are back talking with Jay Townley to discuss his work for decades running analysis of the US bike shops cost of doing business report from the NBDA. We share opinions on how shops could potentially make a better margin and run a more profitable bike shop while briefly talking about the outliers who are doing it differently.
Show Notes and Links
• Another great article from Jay on profitability
• NBDA Cost of Doing Business Study
• Fred Clements: Are bikes the black hole of IBD profitability?
• QBP's Bike Shop Profitability
• No, Your Bike Shop Is Not Ripping You Off
• Can Local Bike Shops Survive?